Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX– Contract Animator
RWBY Season 4
- Animated characters and props in Maya. Character animation was a mixture of working from mocap data, animation libraries, and keyframe animation.
Trouble Impact, LLC, Austin, TX – Co-Founder
APRIL 2012 – PRESENT
Color Thief (PC): Jan 2013 – Present, Artist, Designer
- Created all of the 3D assets for the game (characters, props and environments) in 3Ds Max.
- Created a robust animation set for the main character, and posed several other characters to use as environment art. Character rigging was done through a mix of Biped and CAT.
- Designed all of the levels and puzzles in the game. Worked closely with my teammate to create puzzle gameplay mechanics.
- Playtested levels extensively at conventions and local events, and adjusted puzzles based on observations.
- Prototyped early puzzle mechanics using Unity and C#.
Color Thief: Coloring Book (PC): Jan 2013 – Dec 2016, Artist, Designer
- The Coloring Book is a companion sandbox game to Color Thief, so all of the mechanics and assets overlap, although the puzzles have been removed.
- Created additional UI design for the Photo Mode.
- Created several animated banner ads in Google Web Designer.
Amelia vs. the Marathon (iOS, Android): Apr 2012 – Jan 2013, Artist, Designer
- Designed and created all of the 3D assets for the game (characters, props, effects and environments) in 3Ds Max. Character rigging was done through Biped.
- Worked closely with my teammate to design the gameplay mechanics/
Vicarious Visions, Albany, NY – Animator
SEPTEMBER 2007 – APRIL 2012
Skylanders: Swap Force (360/PS3/WiiU): Feb 2011 – Apr 2012, Animator
- Character and mechanical prop animation. Primarily focused on minions and mini-bosses.
- Character rigging and skinning (3Ds Max Biped).
Guitar Hero 7 (360/PS3) – Cancelled: Aug 2010 – Feb 2011, Cinematic Team
- Show choreography. Worked to create song visuals from a bank of character and camera animations.
- Cinematic team brainstorming and prototyping. Created animatics of events to play during song progression.
DJ Hero (3DS) – Cancelled: Aug 2009 – Aug 2010, Lead Animator
- Show director. Created in-game cameras, prototyped and set the direction of a show style which differed dramatically from the console games and matched music much more closely.
- Character animation from keyframe and mocap. Worked with engineers to create a music-driven character animation system.
- Character rigging & skinning. Worked with character modelers closely to make characters deform better.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360/PS3): Mar 2008 – Aug 2009, Animator
- Responsible for character animation on the AI team. Tasks included creating keyframe animations, as well as repurposing existing animations to create full animation sets within strict time constraints.
- Character rigging & skinning (3Ds Max Biped).
- Documented several step-by-step technical processes, such as prop bolting and how to use the in-game communication system to call and view animations.
James Bond: Quantum of Solace (DS): Jan 2008 – Mar 2008, Animator
Kung Fu Panda (DS): Sep 2007 – Jan 2008, Animator
- Character and prop animation.
Ringling School of Art & Design, Sarasota, FL
BFA in Computer Animation
SEPTEMBER 2003 – MAY 2007
Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Unity
ATX Game Dev Calendar
Organizer, Austin, TX
OCTOBER 2014 – PRESENT
Online resource for local game developers. Public calendar of all local game development events in Austin. I maintain the calendar, Twitter account (@ATXGameDevCal) and Facebook group.
Austin Indies: Coffee Coworking
Organizer, Austin, TX
APRIL 2014 – PRESENT
Local meetup for work-at-home indie devs who want to work together once a week.